Association (“ALSMA”) collects from you, or that you provide to ALSMA, will be processed by
ALSMA. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your
personal data and how ALSMA will treat it. By visiting www.alsma.org or any related websites
managed by or on behalf of ALSMA (“Site”), you are accepting and consenting to the practices
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
ALSMA may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us.
You may give ALSMA information about you by filling in forms on the Site or by corresponding
with ALSMA by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you
register to use our Site, register to our events, subscribe to our services or newsletter, search for
information on the Site, comment on our blog or other social media functions on our Site, enter
a competition, promotion or survey, access our partner-restricted content or contact us via our
contact forms, and when you report a problem with our Site. The information you give ALSMA
may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, personal description and
photograph, company name, job title and any other information as stated on our Site.
Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to our Site, ALSMA may automatically collect the following
– technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your
computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting,
browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
– information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to,
through and from our Site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page
response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information
(such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and
any phone number used to call our customer service number.
– Information we receive from other sources. ALSMA is also working closely with third parties
(including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery
services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference
agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
to provide you with a good experience when you browse the Site and also allows ALSMA to
improve the Site. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that
you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well
as to provide information to the owners of the Site.
You can set up your browser options, to stop your computer from accepting cookies or to prompt you
before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you
may not be able to use the whole of the Site or all functionality of the services.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
ALSMA use information held about you in the following ways.
Information you give to us. ALSMA will use this information:.
– to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
– to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
– to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to
those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
– to help us manage and administer email communications with ALSMA subscribers including
support inquiries, newsletters, marketing emails;
– to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or
services we feel may interest you.
– to notify you about changes to our service;
– to contact you for market research purposes;
– to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for
Information we collect about you. ALSMA will use this information:
– to administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis,
testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
– to improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you
and your computer;
– to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so;
as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
– to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or
services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources.
ALSMA may combine this information with information you give ALSMA and information we
collect about you. ALSMA may use this information and the combined information for the
purposes set out above (depending on the types of information ALSMA receives).
Information we disclose to third parties. We may disclose your personal data to third parties:
– In the event we organize, we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose
your personal data to the prospective business partners, seller or buyer of such business or
– If ALSMA or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal
data held by it will be one of the transferred assets.
– If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal
obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and/or any other
agreements; or to protect our rights, property, safety, our customers or others. This includes
exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud
protection and credit risk reduction.
Our Site may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and
affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their
own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You have the right under the Act, free of charge, to request:
– Access to your personal data.
– Rectification or deletion of your personal data.
– A restriction on the processing of your personal data.
– Object to the processing of your personal data.
– A transfer of your personal data (data portability).
You can make a request in relation to any of the above rights by writing to us at the contact
and deal with requests we receive from you, in accordance with the provisions of the Act.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to us processing your personal data, at any time, by
We send push notifications from time to time in order to update you about any service
updates, events and promotions we may be running. If you no longer wish to receive these
communications, please disable these in the settings on your device.
We retain personal data for as long as necessary for the relevant activity for which it was
provided or collected. This will be for as long as we provide access to the Site to you, or any
period set out in any relevant services you have with us. However, we may keep some data after
your service period ends or you cease using the Site for the purposes set out below.
After you have closed your account, or ceased using the Site for a period of at least 30 days, we
usually delete personal data, however, we may retain personal data where reasonably necessary
to comply with our legal obligations (including law enforcement requests), meet regulatory
requirements, maintain security, prevent fraud and abuse, resolve disputes, enforce our Terms
and Conditions, or fulfil your request to “unsubscribe” from further messages from us.
We will retain de-personalised information after your service period ends.
Please note: Any information you have shared with others will remain visible. We do not control
data that other users may have copied from the Site. Your profile may continue to be displayed in
the services of others (e.g. search engine results) until they refresh their cache.
If you have any complaints about our use of your personal data please contact us as set out at the
This Site is not intended for and shall not be used by anyone under the age of 16.
By post: Asian Local Search and Media Association, RE: Privacy Concern, 16th floor DPC Place,
2322 Don Chino Roces Avenue, Makati City, 1231 Manila, Republic of the Philippines